Your brain needs just as much attention as your physical body to keep your mind in shape and to improve it. Here are 8 of the best and easy brain exercises using which you can Increase IQ.
There are two types of intelligence:
crystallized intelligence and fluid intelligence.
- Crystallized intelligence – Ability to utilize information, skills, and experience already learned
- Fluid intelligence- Ability to identify patterns, solve novel problems, and use logic in new situations. It’s not about how much you know; it’s about your ability to be creative, aware, innovative, and visionary.
It is easy to improve your crystallized knowledge- Reading, Collecting facts, Learn.
However, it is not true for Fluid Intelligence (It is not about facts and figures. it’s about your capacity to rapt something you’ve never seen before and work with it).
Here are some hacks with the help of which you may be able to Increase IQ.
- Meditation is not just good for your physiological health, reducing stress, improving mood. It can also make you significantly smarter.
- It has been shown to improve blood flow to the brain, patience, concentration, and memory.
- Try 10-15 minute blocks 2-3(when you wake up, after you exercise, and at night directly before you go to bed) times a day.
2. Do word puzzles and problem-solving games
- There are plenty of games available on playstore like Lumosity, What Saying, Quiz Up, and other games that get your brain juices flowing.
- You can also give a try to TEDx riddles, 7- second riddles, this really what I found helpful to improve my IQ.
- After all, there are plenty of puzzles available on amazon like Rubik’s cube, Wisdomtoy Mini 3 D Brain Teaser, Newton gravity-defying puzzle and many more.
3. Read more & more
- Genetics aside, education is a big factor contributing to your IQ.
- Reading enhances your memory
- It prevents ALZHEIMER
- Boost your analytical thinking
- Try reading up on the sciences, such as mathematics and physics. Sciences increase your understanding of the world, which in turn improves comprehension, spatial and mathematical abilities, and logic.
- You can also try free courses online like, MIT open courseware, Coursera, KhanAcademy, or even YouTube.
4. Challenge your brain
- Do things differently – Some Studies shows that whenever you do something new, there is a growth of neurons in the brain. Like, if you ride a bicycle with reversed paddling gear then your brain form new neurons for learning this uncommon thing.
- Challenge your brain to form new connections and pathways by doing activities like – Brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand or use different language to communicate. Doing this forms new pathways and connections in your brain
5. Take supplements
- Omega-3 fatty acids- Foods that are rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids like avocados and fatty fish like tuna, salmon, herring, and sardines promote the growth of neurons.
- Dark chocolate
- Vitamin-D –Take vitamins supplement or When your body is exposed to natural sunlight, it produces Vitamin D. Vitamin D increases levels of BDNF in the brain which promotes neurogenesis.
- Eat Turmeric- Turmeric may contribute to the regeneration of a ‘damaged brain’ and help with neurological disorders.
These supplements are proven scientifically helpful to grow new brain cells which help you to Improve IQ.
6. Exercise regularly
- Exercise twice a day for 45 minutes when you wake up and before you go to bed.
- The more endorphins you release in your workout sessions, the more active your brain is and the better you’ll feel.
- While doing exercise you need more oxygen and oxygen helps you to do more mental activities.
7. Learn new language
- Learning new language also accompanied by a growth of new brain cells.
- Studies results revealed that there is an increase in hippocampus volume when you learn a new language.
8. Learn new Instrument
- Playing instrument lights your entire brain and has a lasting impact on math and spatial reasoning skills.
- Change the shape and power of the brain
- Helps to Increase IQ
- Enhance your coordination
- Sharpens your concentration
- Consistent inadequate sleep also prevents your brain from developing to its full potential and can lead to various mental and physical illnesses down the line.
- Two things are responsible for changing short-term memory to long-term memory – If an incident is related to exciting emotions or during sleep. So if you want to enhance your power to memorize thing (which indirectly Increase IQ) then taking good night’s sleep is the must.
I, on the one hand, feel very optimistic about the fact that I can improve my IQ. I hope you do too.
Live your best life by Increase IQ with the tips explained above. You’re in charge of your brain not me, So don’t forget to implement these IQ increasing hacks.