Whether you are studying or just want to save money, there are many supplements for students that can help you get closer to your goals – without getting ruined!
The Best Supplements for Students
Whey Protein has many properties that make it an ideal supplement. First of all, it is very low in fat and carbohydrates. This means that almost everything is protein, so it’s great if you’re looking to lose weight or increase volume with minimal fat accumulation.
- Concentrated whey protein is also fast absorbed, which means it is a fantastic post-workout since the muscles will use it quickly for recovery.
- Since whey protein is a product shared with the cheese industry, it is very cheap compared to other sources of protein, making it perfect for anyone who does not want to spend a large amount of money.
- The suitability of whey protein is one of the qualities that makes it more popular. It is mixed either with milk or with water to make smoothies that will help you obtain the desired levels of protein; whether you are at home or not.
# 2 BCAAs
They constitute 1/3 of the specific amino acids that make up our muscle tissue, which means that they can be more effective than the “normal” protein.
At BCAAs (amino acids) are attributed various benefits. One of them is that it reduces tiredness and fatigue, making you have more energy during the day and during exercise, allowing you to train harder and longer.
This occurs when the production of serotonin, which appears during training, is inhibited. Serotonin increases the feeling of tiredness and the perception of fatigue. By inhibiting their production, BCAAs allow you to be more alert, awake and give you more energy.
- In addition, they are also known to help reduce muscle fatigue. This means that you will be able to give 100% in the gym, even if you did an intense session the day before. It has also been said that they help reduce the risk of muscle loss. This can occur during a metabolic meal plan (weight loss).
- BCAAs are available in different formats, from pills to powder. They are also available in different sizes.
# 3 Vitamins
If it may seem that they do not have a significant impact on muscle growth as other supplements do, vitamins are the cheapest supplement we find on the market and it is one of the great supplements for students.
We are so obsessed with calculating our daily macronutrients that, on occasion, we forget micronutrients, which can cause a significant deficit.
The multivitamins are the best way to increase levels of micronutrients we take because they contain most, but not all essential vitamins and minerals that our body needs for our day today.
- Vitamin B (such as vitamin B2, B6, and B12) has been associated with the reduction of stress levels, as well as with the increase of energy levels throughout the day. Vitamin C is essential for the health of our cells and organs. Although we can consume them by taking fruits and vegetables, many people do not take enough, which is why supplementation is recommended. It also helps to strengthen the immune system and relieve the symptoms of, for example, a cold.
- Multivitamins also contain other essential vitamins such as vitamin D, which is mainly generated by sunlight. During the winter, a supplementation with vitamin D is recommended, since it gives us less sun than during the summer months.
- The multivitamins are very well priced, being affordable for any pocket. They give us access to all the micronutrients we need every day, which helps our health and our general well-being.
# 4 Creatine
The Creatine is a popular supplement. They are found naturally in our muscle tissue and have many benefits in terms of strength and hypertrophy.
Normally, we consume creatine in small doses in foods such as veal; however, supplementation is necessary to obtain its maximum potential. Primarily, creatine works as an energy provider in the ATP-PC system. Phosphocreatine (PC) provides the body with phosphagens, which is used to convert adenosine diphosphate (ADP) into adenosine triphosphate (ATP). This releases energy.
- As a result, in short, high-intensity exercises (like weightlifting) we experience an increase in energy levels. This means that during the series you will be able to lift for longer and more weight than you have normally been able to lift.
- Creatine also “pumps” more water into the muscles, showing a larger overall body image.
- Red meat like veal is usually very expensive and high in fat to be consumed on a basic diet. Supplementing with creatine is a cheap alternative, depending on the type of cretin you buy.
There are different “variations” of creatine, but creatine monohydrate is the most common, the best price and the highest availability.
These are supplements for ideal students combined with a balanced diet – remember that a supplement is just a supplement.
They are designed to “supplement” your training and your diet, so you have to make sure you have everything under control to get results.